This guide will allow you to access your TAMU H drive using SFTP.
Install a SFTP client:
- Windows – Obtain an SFTP client such as WinSCP or FileZilla
- Mac – Try Cyberduck
- Linux – You already have SFTP support built into the OS.
Connect to TAMU Network:
- On-campus: Connect to the TAMU Wi-Fi network named “tamulink-wpa”.
- Off-campus: Connect to the TAMU Cisco VPN
Server/Host/Hostname : people.tamu.edu
Username: Your NetID username
Password: Your NetID password
Instructions for FileZilla:
Step 1: Click File -> Site Manager
Step 2: Click New Site in the bottom left then name the site “H drive“.
- On the right side, enter host as people.tamu.edu and select SFTP for the protocol.
- For logon type, choose ‘ask for password‘ and type in your NetID username. Click OK.
Step 3: Click the small arrow next to the sites icon to show a list of sites and select the one you just configured.
Step 4: Type in your NetID password and click OK. Once connected, you should see your files in the “nt” folder on the right side.
Instructions for WinSCP:
Step 1: Input “people.tamu.edu” as the host name and your NetID as the user name. Click Save.
Step 2: Input “H Drive” as site name. Click OK.
Step 3: Click Login.
Step 4: Click Continue.
Step 5: Enter NetID password. Click OK. Once connected, you should see your files in the “nt” folder.